1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram 2500HD Big Horn

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by oldsproject, Mar 8, 2009.

1. oldsproject

oldsproject Junior Member
    from Oregon

Hi, I'm new to the site but have a couple questions as I'm looking for a plow for my truck. I've got a 2007 Ram Quad cab, short box, 2500HD Big Horn Edition with a 6.7 cummings and 68RFE tranny. I do not have the snow plow prep package but do have the towing package and 750 AMP battery but only a 136 amp alternator. Looks like the only thing the snow package has is a strong alternator and skid plates (maybe stiffer front springs?). I had the truck leveled at Les Schwab with Toyo all-terrain tires. The primary use for the plow will be to clear about 5-6 miles of residential street and some local driveways. Not much else (at least for now).

1. Will this truck work?
    2. If so, reccomended plow or anything I need to do to the truck?
    3. Anything else I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i have a similar truck as you except mine is a 07 with the 5.9 motor and the plow prep. the only thing i would be worried about is that if it doesn't have the plow prep your dealer wont want to cover anything under warranty. the truck will probably handle a plow fine and not give you any troubles but if something breaks its going to be on your dollar. anyway im very happy how my truck pushes snow good luck. for a plow i would recomend a 8 1/2 ft plow maybe a western, fisher or boss straight blade will do fine ussmileyflag
  3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Only 1 battery?

It's Cummins, not Cummings!
  4. oldsproject

oldsproject Junior Member
    from Oregon

Thanks for the reply sno commander, it does have two batteries. It was late last night when I posted. Bound to be a mistake or two in spelling. You've been very helpful.