1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram 2500 Torsion bars

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Oompa, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Oompa

Oompa Junior Member

Shoud I raise the torsion bars on my Ram 2500 to keep the truck more level when the plow is on? Also does this harm the truck and can/should you keep them raised all year?
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I thought they had coil springs up front on the Ram 2500s?? I think the newer 1500s had torsion bars
  3. Oompa

Oompa Junior Member

Not sure I am nottruck savy enough to know what to look for on that
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

What year is the truck and is it a diesel?? You could get a set of timbrens for the front end. And possibly some heavier springs too. Im sure some Dodge guys will chime in on this as well
  5. Oompa

Oompa Junior Member

It is 2003 gas 5.9 hemi
  6. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

I have an '04 Ram 2500 w/Hemi and have the coil springs on my front end. With my new Fisher 8'HD on my truck the front end drops exactly 7/8" when lifted off the ground. However, I put 10 bags of tube sand at 60 pounds each (600 lbs.) as far back against the tailgate as I can and it really helps level the truck out and gives me much better traction. That should be about all you need.

7. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

If it's a Hemi, it's a 5.7 liter. There is a 6.1 liter Hemi, but it is not used in trucks at this time.

Your Dodge 2500 has coil springs up front, not torsion bars. If you feel you need additional support, you can replace the springs, or add Timbrens or Sumo Springs.
  8. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

i have a 2006 2500 with a 5.9 cummings all i did was add a 2inch pro comp leveling kit and new shocks the front it doesnt sag at all on the front with the plow on and looks great .