1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram 2500 frame mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by AL THE MAN, Oct 27, 2009.

1. AL THE MAN

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

I read in a previous thread about an install on a F150, I also have a straight 7;6...

I got a decent deal on it, even though its a standard duty, it included all mounts and wiring...

I was just wondering if you Boss fans had any tips for me on my first plow install.

I posted on the Dodge section,...I can use all the tips I can get...

I plan on printing the manual off the boss web site....but any tips you boss owners can shoot me would be gold....drilling, wiring, etc.....

Im not even sure if I have to take off the bumper, I think I have to remove the lower lip, the mount wont clear it appears.

2. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Hello,
    You do have to take off the bumper and on the boss site you wont be able to find the instructions for the undercarriage mount(Atleast I couldnt) I did however email them and get one from their customer support.

If you want these instructions shoot me a pm with email and I will send you my copy.

As for tips I have none since I still have to install mine myself.

3. AL THE MAN

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

were in this boat together huh, Ill shoot you a pm

4. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Yup, I just picked up most of the fasteners for my used mount today, still missing the nut bar... I believe I will have to order that from a dealer.

Does anyone know if the stock hardware/fastener kit come with any lock tight or anti sieze on the bolts?
    If not would anyone recommend any of it?

5. AL THE MAN

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

do I have to remove the whole bumper, or just the lower black lip?

I seen a few pics where guys had their lips on, and trimmed them where the mounts came up..on this website i believe

6. AL THE MAN

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

I was lucky to get the original mount and bolts....the heads are like a lock nut. the nylon rings on em I believe.

7. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Thanks for the info, I did get the nylock nuts for them so I think I might just apply anti sieze and call it a day :)

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

9. AL THE MAN

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

Thanks for the email, it will help with the install. I know what bolts go where now. I just dont know how the hell the bumper bolts back up after you use the bumper mounts on the boss push beam support plate,....I guess Im just gonna start wrenchin soon and figure it out.

10. AL THE MAN

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago