1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram 2500 Cummins Question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ALEX516, Oct 21, 2003.

1. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Have a question for all you experts out there.

Picking up a 1995 ram 2500 with a fisher 8' plow, anyone have any comments, good or bad with this setup?

Has cummins turbo diesel and 46,000 miles, 8' bed and regular cab.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's a great truck,should be just fine.

Make sure it has a set of Timbrens.It will help it carry the plow better.

3. Fastcar

Fastcar Member
    from MA

I plowed with a 94 for a couple of years. No problems at all. Just do the trans fluid and filter and band adjustment.
    I'd also strongly suggest a trans temp gauge.

Roy

4. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Jump on it, you are gonna love the truck, especially if it is your first Cummins. I just got my first one a couple months ago, and you are going to love the power. Be careful, you might catch the bombing bug... (Cough....Cough) I think I might be starting to come down with something:D :D

5. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Alex516- When you get the truck, go ahead and check underneath the transmission pan at the two lines that cross underneath. If they are right next to echother or rubbing, put a piece of soft rubber or something in between to keep them from wearing holes in echother(like mine did)-it could be a very bad night if they went.:nod: