1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Redsox, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Redsox

Redsox Junior Member

Has anyone ever heard that once you Have a plow set up on a 1500 it voids and warranties it might have on it!

2. sos

sos Member
    from NE Ohio

I just read this same topic on another board but here is my .02 cents. When I had my 2002 Ram 1500 I asked the dealership and technically it does void warranty but if you have them put it on (you'll pay a little more for it) and if they are a reputible dealer, they will take care of you if something happens. Now I'm not saying you can throw a 9 foot blade on it but you have to be realistic. This trucks front suspension was not ment to handle the extra weight from the factory. That means you would have to crank up the torsion bars and check the load rating on the front tires as well, that would be for starters. Someone else may have a better list of things to check and or do.
    I had a bunch or recalls and things that kept going wrong so the last time I was at the dealer for service I was checking out a 2500 and my salesman said "That's what you need" So I took his advice and went to the Ford dealer and traded it in after owning it a year and a half on a F250 SD with Meyer 7.5 poly plow. I just have not had time to go back and tell the salesman I took his advice and went to a better truck! Should have done this from the start and I would have been closer to paying it off.:drinkup:

3. sos

sos Member
    from NE Ohio