1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ram 1500 W/ Fisher LD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tuckerman, Dec 13, 2006.

1. tuckerman

tuckerman Junior Member

was just wondering what everyone might think of putting a fisher LD plow on a 2005 Ram 1500 reg Cab. I have shopped around and looked at a few, but honestly, I was really impressed with the fisher dealer here and am thinking that they might be the best as far as service. He really seemed to work with me on price too, which i liked. Also, he said that I would not need to beef up the front end at all. Any comments?

Thanks
    Chris

2. tuckerman

tuckerman Junior Member

also, just wanted to add, this is not for commercial use, friends and family members only

Thanks

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Just plow smart and you will be fine. The LD plow is a good plow and will not let you down. Just be easy on the tranny. You will have to cut away some of the front facia on the Ram to get the plow rails on. It is not the easiest truck to put plow rails on look wise. You have to cut away more than most trucks. Good luck.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

neighbor has one, same setup as yours except little bit older truck than yours. He likes it....same thing for him though, family only

5. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

ram1500w/fisher ld

just remember take it east on that transmission I no dodges are famous for