1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Banksy, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

3 inches so far at my house in 2 hours. No plowing as I am home with kids and wife will be staying at work tonight (hospital) or at least she better! Generator won't start (no spark) but at least I filled my 100 lb propane cylinder for the fire place and a 20 pounder for my grill and or big buddy heater.

And it will likely turn to an ice event later. This is a freakin mess. Roads are completely clogged.

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Pics..........................

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Out making money yet?

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nope! At home with the kids. Daycare is closed, so I had to take off from regular work. Until the kids are older and can stay home alone or a storm hits on the weekend, no plowing for this guy most likely. That's why I sold my plow because I knew this would happen. I can still drive for a company if I am available. I did just go plow the driveway with the atv. That's always fun.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This is Glenwood Ave in Raleigh near the airport yesterday. You'd think it was friggin armageddon!

[​IMG]

7. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

Yeah, I was out in the middle of all that mess. The problem is every business let their people go at the same time and so many just have no idea how to drive on this stuff. And of course their vehicles are no equipped properly either.

8. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Heard we may be in for another rough winter. Thoughts?

9. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

All depends on your definition of rough. To me rough is getting no snow at all. :)

Every 10-12 years we get a huge storm with 16-24" and the last one was 14 years ago so we are due.