1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raising your rates this season?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theguynextdoor, Sep 16, 2009.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I was just wondering if you guys are using similar rates to last season, lower or high? Gas seems to be a little lower than last fall. Have any of your other costs gone up?
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Same for existing accounts but new one are higher.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

My big (for me) contracts had an increase scheduled, which is nice. Some of my resis paid the same price for three years. A few will likely go up by five bucks. A couple commercials will go way up, or I won't do them.
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Some are going up, some are staying the same......NONE are going down:nono:
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Raising mine too.
  6. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

raised my salt prices slightly but unfortunately truck rates are staying the same keeping customers happy
  7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Keeping prices the same. Trying to add some accounts. This is no time to be raising prices!
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Raising mine a beer for every 5 minutes on the job.
  9. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

I hear ya on the beer Mark. If it's anything like the sealcoating has been for the summer I won't be raising rates. I was dropping prices big time and still being under bid. Asphalt sealers came out of nowhere this year. And I expect the same for snowplowing.

I can only hope the lowballers underbid themselves right out of business by next summer. If not, I'll be over-bidding myself out of business because I won't work for beer money...
  10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Not raising any prices, really getting beat up here this year on price. Some existings were questioning a small price increase so i added another year at that increased price, but most are really balking at any increase, or cutting out services altogether.
  11. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Raised all resi's but a few $5 or $10. Insurance went up and gas is climbing.
  12. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Actualy gas is going down... But still about half will stay the same and the other half will go up just a bit...
  13. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I'm keeping my prices the same for current residentials, since the majority (60-80) houses are within a half mile radius of each other and the rest are within a few miles. I'm gonna raise prices for commercial and new residential.