1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raising plow for installation

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Kenyou, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to use the up and down of a Meyers E- 60 pump from outside the truck to aid in installing the plow? I'm tired of getting in the truck a dozen time to raise the plow to the right level to get the first pin in. I'm using the Meyer Touch Pad.
    Thanks for the help!
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure on your mounting system, as I'm not very familiar with Meyers. However, one thing that has worked for me with previous plows is using a small bottle jack or a floor jack to raise up each side to get pin holes aligned. Maybe this would work for you -- get the truck in position, and then it's just doing each side at a time like you probably would anyway. Another thought might be to make a plow dolly, if you have a fairly flat area. Then if you shim the plow at the height it comes off at, you're golden the next time you roll it over to install it on the truck.
  3. 06slvrctd

06slvrctd Member

At my old job a few years ago we had Meyer plows and we would always drop them on a pallet. They were at a good height for the middle pin hole and you could shift them side to side easier to align holes. As far as running the pump from outside the truck, I don't think there is a way but it has been a few years since I have run Meyer.
  4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I always bump the pump from inside the cab to hook up any Meyers. It takes plain old experience to know the height from looking at the moldboard pitch. Best bet would be to have a second set of eyes to help you line it up.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It is possible but you need to build an additional wiring harness with a toggle switch from scratch and then tie it into the factory harness and mount the switch out front somewhere..
  6. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Thank you one and all for the help with getting my plow hooked up. I guess that there are two problems that I have. First getting lined up and then raising the plow to the right height. I have found that once I get it hooked up to the chain, I can lift the plow up and position it any where I want, but I still have to get it to the right height to get the pin in. I don't have an extra set of eyes, so I will just have to deal with it. I was hoping that I could connect a couple of wires like you do with a screw driver or a pair of pliers on a solenoid to start a vehicle Thanks again for your help guys.

I do have a dolly made with casters that I will use when plowing season gets here. I will put it on the cement part of the driveway, but for now it's on some boards and out of the way on the grass.
  7. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Another option is to get it lined up and just use a small floor jack to jack it up to the height you need. I've done that also...