1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raising MM1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by STIHL GUY, Jan 6, 2011.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i have a 8ft strait blade MM1. my problem is when it is lifted all the way it isnt that high off the ground and at times scrapes on driveway aprons. i tried to adjust the chains so it would lift higher but then there was not enough slack in the chain for the blade to float or to push the headgear to get the pins to lock in when putting it on. anyone have suggestions?

2. bell05hd

bell05hd Junior Member
    from nh

i was thinking about puting a mm1 mo my truck and i was told with the a frame would only alow my truck to pick the blade up about 6 or 7 inches with a 8 ft blade and about 9 inches with a 7 ft blade he said 03 and newer gm trucks need a mm1 to lift properly he said if i put one on it would get stuck when stacking the snow bank

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Are you running enough ballast? I run about 750lbs. The Ford and GM front ends are two different animals though. Do you have the torsion bars cranked?

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i cranked my torsion bars about 5 turns and have 500 lbs ballast. it usually isnt a problem but a few times it scraped the top of the driveway apron when it was all the way up and i was just looking to get it to raise a few more inches. also when the blade is angled all the way the side it is angled towards is really low

5. 1bohica

1bohica Junior Member
    from MA

look into timbrens

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

bell05hd thats my 06 2500HD with a minute mount 1 plow on it, just to give you an idea how high it will lift it.what size are you looking for?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

mine deffinitly doesnt lift that high. i am thinking about getting a 2-3 in leveling kit in the spring time

8. chevyzrule810

thats the torsion bars cranked up 5 turns that's it.

9. bell05hd

bell05hd Junior Member
    from nh

wow that is high enough to go just about high enough to go anywhere my truck has a good stance i dont knoe if the tortion bars are already cranked or not but it sit's quite highte than my oldmans 2500hd it it a ruff ride with them cranked 5 times? that is the ballist that evryone is talking about? and does any one have any push plates for cheep money? i have a set of 7168's and i also have a set for a 92-97 ford f series trucks and broncos i am willin to trade or sell towards getin some 7169's im lookin for a set under 2 bills im a cheepo thanks for all the help guys

10. chevyzrule810

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  11. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

What hole of the 3 holes which attaches the plow to the headgear are you using?

12. chevyzrule810

I'm not sure of your question backupbuddy?

13. backupbuddy

There is a pin that attaches the plow to the (head gear what the lights are attched to) if you look below the pins that attached the whole plow to the truck you'll see the pin I'm talking about and their are three holes so you can ajust the plow as you wear down the blade.

14. chevyzrule810

I'm not sure to be honest with you,I redid that plow and sold it months ago so I couldn't tell you

15. backupbuddy

cool. Did you make the snow deflector or did you buy it

16. chevyzrule810

bought the plow with it on it sold it and upgraded to a minute mount 2

17. backupbuddy

Looks like it would be pretty simple to fabricate.

18. glennemay

glennemay Member

I have a 9' mm1 on my F350. It only lifts it about 6 inches or so before I hit the frame stops. Has anyone ever considered shortening those stops?

G

19. chevyzrule810

Glenn's got his plow on excellent!Did you get to plow with it last storm?

20. glennemay

glennemay Member

I had it on 2 days after the big storm but had it for last weekend. Looking forward to this next one. :)

G