1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raising Headlamps on MM1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by crossboneracing, Dec 3, 2007.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Hey guys, I have a 7.5 foot MM1 and wanted to know if any of you guys have a problem with the headlights being blocked by the blade when its angled. The problem is the foil I have blocks the headlights when the blade is angled, I wanted to know if anyone has come up with a creative solution to this. I wanted to raise the lights up, but dont want it to look cheap. Any ideas? Pics helpful too!

2. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

a nice piece of 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" steel tubing painted black to match the headgear, with a couple of studs and coupling nuts to lengthen the mounting studs. anything you do will stand out and look different but if you match the materials of the rest of the unit closely it will look good. the other thing is lengthening the wiring... may or may not have to depending on how high you go, you'll want some slack in the wires for safety. thats what id do. good luck