1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raises Slow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PITCH, Jan 31, 2008.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

I Have A 8ft Hd Plow That Raises Very Slow And Sometimes Stops Under Load. It Makes A Cracking Sound When It Is Under Load. My Old X Blade Never Had These Problems. Any Thoughts???? Fluid Is Full The Blade Is Only 3 Months Old. NO LOAD IT IS FINE

2. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Worn Out Pump

3. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

under load as in when you're stacking - or when theres snow stuck to the blade? if the plow is only 3 months old i'd bring it to the dealer and tell them whats up. that's their headache not yours.

4. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

WHEN YOU ARE STACKING

5. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

if its wet heavy snow maybe your trying to stack too much? or not lifting the blade soon enough before you drive in? if i have too much weight on mine when im stacking and i dont lift soon enough or its just too much it will slow down and "creak" a little as it goes up.

if that isnt the case and you're having a hard time with dry snow or in a place that really shouldn't have a problem i'd have the dealer check it out. maybe a valve has something stuck in it or something, even though its new there could be something in there that shouldn't be.

6. RSheaLand

RSheaLand Member

My brother in laws plow had a relief valve that was backed all the way out causing the same problem and the dealer I brought it to for him said that when it was cold it would function properly but when the fluid heated up it would bypass