1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raised price

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by birddseedd, Sep 30, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

I raised my price on a 200 lot from 90 to 150. got the contract again Thumbs Up

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What's a "200 lot"?

3. birddseedd

$200.00

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

ok? Was there more coming? Why didnt you raise it to 200?......

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

So do explain how you were being paid $90 for a $200 lot to $150 for the same lot, I consider myself pretty good with math but this one has me baffled:dizzy::dizzy:

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The customer has been taking you to the bank and apparently still is. I wonder how many other quotes the customer got first. I'd plow a $200 lot for....$200.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

8. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

9. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Your getting there bird

10. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

He doesn't have to charge as much since he runs straight blades with wings that push the snow instead of plow it apparently....if he was running v plows he would have to charge at least $200 lol

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Exactly, because V plows can't windrow.

12. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok guys, we can choose to ignore some posts/threads/members, etc. that we do not want, or care, to give an answer to but there is no need to post just to continue to give some a hard time...I'm sure most, if not all, understand what I am referring to

thanks all, we would appreciate it :waving:

13. birddseedd

Weird thing is last year I was the only person to give him a quote.

I didnt know it but i matched what the old guy did. but the old guy refused to give his soc number because he wanted it under the table. the company didnt like this so they seemed happy about 150.

14. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

How is it a $200 lot when you're only charging $150? I can't wrap my head around that because to me it's only a $150 lot :confused:

15. birddseedd

oh. what i mean by that is someone that has been doing it more than i have would most likely charge closer to 200. i might take some pics and see what you guys woudl charge.

16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Will Do MJD, most if not all of us are tired of banging of the walls.

17. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

This would be a red flag, do you work for them during the summer as well? The other red flag would be after raising my price by 40% they didn't question the rate hike..... from my view it would appear I was far lower on my price than I should be, just my .02 :waving:

18. birddseedd

That's what it came down to. I did not charge enough later year. 150 is still a good price. Even when telling him I had to raise it this year he said "be honest with your self". But the company is willing to pay for quality and for someone with proper insurance.

Tho they did pay late

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

When you say late how late and are they consistent in the amount of days; 35,40,50days,etc....
    I have one commercial customer that pays at 45 days every time. This is how they pay all their invoices and I knew this up front.

20. birddseedd

one payment was in march. which might have been on time or close to on time. the other was end of april. which is about a month late.