1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raise your prices!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnsrusinc., Oct 6, 2005.

1. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

Please raise your prices! I am Think of it like this last year at this time we were paying $1.79 for gas and now its at $2.89 You all know it will go higher to. I was able to notice a big big difference in our lawn care crews over summer.

Raise your prices!

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, Sounds Good To ME..

3. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

I Dont Know How Some Of These Companys Get Away With Not Raising There Prices Due To Fule Prices.

4. plowed

plowed Senior Member

A guy around here is advertising for 2 free plows when you sign up for the season.

5. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Was that two free plows as in plow your driveway or does he have two older non power angle rusted plow blades he is giving away?

6. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

John,

What's the name of the company? Are they local to Newtown?

Wow - that is crazy!

-Greg

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Um....... do you do your numbers on how much the fuel costs you?

It takes me about a tank of diesel to plow for 15 hours, and I drive a fair amount between accounts, sometimes 30 miles round-trip.

Now, that in that 15 hours, if you figure diesel @ $3 / gallon, and you have a 35 gallon tank, that's $105 to fill up, or $7 / hour.

Now at $5 / gallon, that's $155 / tank, or $10.50 / hour.

If you can do 3 residentials / hour, to go from $3 / gallon, to $5 / gallon, that means that if you're only running your increase off of cost of fuel, you should only be worried about that extra $1 / driveway.

In my 15 hours of plowing, I plow 15 commercial properties.

I make about $1500 each time I plow on a 1-4" snowfall. Personally, I'm not too concerned about the extra $50 each time it costs me to fill up.

When it gets to be $100 more per tank, which it will once it gets to be $5 / gallon compared to rates from last year when I last raised them, then I'll raise everyone an extra 10%.

Please don't take me wrong, I'm all for getting what you can for your services.

But, with this line of thinking, then the fact that I switched insurance companies this year for my 2 trucks, and my insurance dropped $2,500 for the year, should I then drop $10 / plow off??

Or, since I bought a new Dodge with the programs they were having, and it was $4,000 cheaper than the last one I bought in '03, should I also drop my prices?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  8. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Greg, the ad is in this week's issue of the Penny Saver for Newtown/Bethel. It's a local number, but no company name.
    It is crazy!

On edit: I just looked up the phone number, it's Four Seasons Landscaping in Danbury. There's so many landscraper's around here I couldn't tell you if I've ever seen them or not.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005