1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Raise the Power V-Plow.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BuckeyeESPN, Feb 12, 2007.

1. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

When I raise my plow in the v formation on my truck the two end are still pretty low to the ground. What can I do to raise those ends up a little more higher? I know there is somthing you can do to adjust that. Please help me...Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It must be a Chevy. If it's 9.2 just kick the wings out a little.

3. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

NO. It is on a Ford F-250. I had the plow moved over from an older model F-250 to a new 06 one. But never had the plow on the truck when they installed until I got it home. I though that is sat a little lower on the new truck. It just doesn't seem like it raises up as high as it had done on older truck. And yes the new truck is plow prep. The only differences between trucks is one had a short bed and new one has long bed and new one is diesal truck old was gas.. I just want to know if I can adjust it somewhere to get it raise up higher while I am driving from job to job.

4. payton

payton Senior Member

the new truck has a lot more weight on the front endthen the other truck did.. timberlins

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A set of timbrens and the proper amount of counterweight placed behind the rear wheels.(by the tailgate)

I know it sounds strange but the corners will come up a little if you lower the plow a little.
    You can also try straighting the plow a little.

6. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

It is not the front end sitting low it is the plow just not being up high enough. I think the older f-250 sat up high on the front end cause of the short bed. But it has nothing to do with that but the fact I need to some how adjust the plow to fit properly on the new truck.

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Yank out the oil burner and put a gasser in it, problem solved.

But thats not what you want to hear.

The diesel engine is allot heaver than the gas engine. Now add a plow and the front goes down.

I posted some possible solutions.

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Take it back to your dealer and tell them the problem. Without the plow there when they installed, they probably couldnt adjust the mount correctly. Your Boss truck mount has about 4 height adjustments (for different truck makes & models) and they might just need to pull out 4 bolts and raise it up to the next notch. Just what I had come to mind....:rolleyes: Good Luck!

9. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: Before you go running to the dealer measure the hight of the push beam from the top eye to the ground.

If your plow is on the truck, lower the plow and put it in float then drive forward a foot, now measure.

rtIII's should be 15 to 16 inches off of the ground.

rtII's sdould be 12 to 13 inches off of the ground .

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  10. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Mine's around 6" off the ground at the ends.

[​IMG]

11. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Do you guys run your v-plow without the feet? I have the original cutting edges on it and wanted to know if that is a good idea. I plow everyting on concrete or blacktop and no gravel drives. I heard that you should keep the center foot in but I am trying to find out what is the best way to go... Thanks for the info on the other stuff..

12. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  13. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Take them off and leave the center one on then?

14. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Thats what I did.

I had it adjusted up so it would not touch the ground at all.
    (a couple of inches off of the ground)
    I found it stopped the plow frame from rubbing on the curb when I was pushing snow back over the curb.

I also snapped one off catching it on a curb.

So instead of using it as a shoe I use it as a skid plate....

Have you had time to take a look at the other issues yet?