1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rain-X anti fog?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by secret_weapon, Nov 14, 2008.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I use rain x on the outside of my windows, but has anyone tried using the rain x anti fog on the inside? Wondering if it really works, or just makes a nasty glare? Mostly need it on rear window and sides..
    My back window always fog up real bad when I get out to clean wipers, then takes forever to clear up.
  2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

tried it on three different trucks. Works for the first 30 minutes then goes to the sh*tter. Also is a pain to get off the windows.
  3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I tried it last season and it didn't appear to help at all.
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I got the antifog wipes and they work like chit. They need to just stick to making the rain-x stuff for the windows on the outside.
  5. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Thanks for the input guys!! Gonna be a no go on that!
  6. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I just applied some to my rear window on the inside and it seemed to help for a little while, but thanx to Wal-Mart I bought a defroster/ heater that u just plug in. Mounted to the rear post and it works great.
  7. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I was crew on a crab boat once where the skipper used a little Joy soap on a paper towel to do the same thing. I think it worked just as well as the Rain X, easy to clean.
  8. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

antifog is junk
    keep towels and work on your stetching
  9. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Yep anti fog sucks ***. I use rain x on all windows and my mirrors too. It really helps with the clean up and keeps the mirrors usable even after a lot of backing up.