1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rain sucks!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Krehling PM, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Krehling PM

Krehling PM Junior Member

Well it was my first time plowing and Tuesday i had pushed the first 3-4 inches at all of my jobs in about 9 hours which wasn't bad considering 3 of my jobs are car washes (which suck to plow btw) then i went home watched the weather it said snow and sleet so i figured i would be good until morning ... morning comes around ....rain....i try to push myself out of my driveway and the plow is just laying over it was so heavy...i tried to do a couple of my jobs and all i did was make a mess. Then my dad was plowing 12 hours straight took a 3 hour break and plowed another 7 hours and blew his tranny out in his 05 f 350 because it got too hot...so i cant push anything and my dad was my backup so i am basically out of commision... but hey i guess i can look forward to snowmobiling this weekend:)

2. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I agree, that storm blew (see my thread)!