1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rain, Rain Go AWAY!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JCurtis, Dec 15, 2000.

1. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Weekend weather report for the Stamford CT area has me sick!!!.

RAIN SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, temps in the mid to upper 30's possibly lower 40's

RAIN< RAIN GO AWAY, BRING SOME SNOW THIS GOD-DARNED* WAY !!!

(* expletive deleted and replaced by JC)

2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

i hear you!

It says for a wintry mix tomorrow, but with a low of 39 i think all we'll see is dreaded rain :(. I haven't had a chance to try more magic out. Last weekend was a teaser, but i got to test some magic and the results were excellent.
    Maybe we should buy some snow from john allin :).

Bryan

3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

John has so much snow out there i think he might be persuaded to give some away. LOL

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Re: i hear you!

All rain but northern areas may see a sleet mix to start quickly changing over, hence the "mix" term.

More rain for Tuesday as well. Dont worry our time will come, in the meantime I will watch the mailbox Jan 2 for those 100% profit checks from the seasonal accounts ;)

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

In fact I am sorry we had those small events, as we charge for one 2-4" snow fall during months that we get no snowfall on all our per push accounts. But at least the seasonals are making money so far. Thanks Lawrence for the idea, would have never thought of it on my own. LOL
    Dino

6. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Heavy rain forcast for today and tomorrow up here. I'll take it, so we can rest up a bit. If it were snow we'd be in for another 30cm.

7. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing Member

Here in South Dakota, wind at 25 sustained, gusting to 45. Temp -2 and snow. City is keeping up with the drifting snow in town. Please feel free to take all you want. Wish I could deliver!!

Paul

8. Hometown Landscaping

Hometown Landscaping Junior Member

Sorry, but I like the rain here in MI. I have been working for 4 days straight and I could us a rest before the snow starts on Sunday. Looks like were in for another week of snow SORRY MAN.

9. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

well, so far all's we have seen is rain. I'm ready for some of that white stuff some of you guys are getting tired of.

Mark

10. guntruck

guntruck Member

I know what you mean we are getting alot of rain here in Baltimore. Freezing temps until precip moves in and then al of a sudden the darn temp rises and all it does is rain. I have put a new plow on this year wanna try it but doesnt look like anytime soon!!!!!!!!!!

11. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Today its heavy rain, high winds and temps in the 60s. Bye bye snow piles...

12. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Hard rain here in Vermont. Snow from Thursday is all gone, frost is getting softened up pretty badly. I hope we see more cold before it snows again, I HATE plowing over unfrozen ground. The rain started out as freezing rain, some places were pretty slippery last night at 11:00, I held off doing anything as it was warming up then. Went out around 5 this morning and dropped a little mix on a few gravel drives. Other than that, just sitting here watching the rain fall.