1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rain Guards, Durable and Highest Quality?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theIceNSnowman, Jan 4, 2013.

1. theIceNSnowman

theIceNSnowman Member

Want to buy some rain guards for the windows, wondering if the guys on here like "In channel" or "Stick on" and what brand have you come to trust? I am thinking about smoked style. anybody ever get extra large ones? I saw one pair that was ridiculously large. Many brands to choose from and I once had a pair that really sucked. Cant remember the brand, as this was years ago. Thanks in advance.

2. theIceNSnowman

theIceNSnowman Member

3. Weather guards are that i use get the in track ones

4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Stick on and i use auto vent shade or lund

5. theIceNSnowman

theIceNSnowman Member

2 totally different answers. Why do you guys prefer in channel or stick on?

6. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I have the lund stick on love them take them to your local body shop and have them painted the same color as your truck.

7. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I think mine are the original Auto Ventshade Ventvisor stick-on units, which do tuck into part of the channel too, at least on my truck. I'm not 100% sure anymore about which brand or style they are, I put them on 10 years ago and haven't had to touch or examine them since, they just work.

I do wish they curled up into a gutter at the bottom though. They let me crack my window but water still pours off the roof pool into my window if I open it all the way. Why can't we have good old fashioned gutters? OEM gutters work great on my 1980 Buick.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Ventshades have been around a long time.

9. theIceNSnowman

theIceNSnowman Member

Any idea the cost to have a 2 or 4 piece set painted to match truck?

10. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I have an extended cab and to have the 4 painted it cost me I think $35.00 or $50.00 bucks but that was about 8 yrs ago. But I wouldn't think it would be more than that today.

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I have had all types. The stick ons fall off sometimes or they break. I prefer the in channel as the water cant get behind the adhesive and leak in. I prefer PUTCO over the AVS brand. I have stainless steel in channel now and have lasted 5 years and look as good as the day they were put on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

^ Those look great on your truck! Thumbs Up

13. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks Scott!!

14. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

................:nod:

15. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

the only vents i will sell to my custys is... Weather Tech in channel !!! the best product on the market

16. theIceNSnowman

theIceNSnowman Member

Decided to go with Weathertech "In-Channel"

I decided to go with weathertech in channel rain guards. However, I was about to order em and got a bit confused. I have a 2010 super duty, supercab. The rear windows dont go down, they merely swing out a couple inches. How does this work if you order a four piece in channel kit for the supercab?

17. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I think the rears stick on. Don't quote me though...as I've only ever had crew cabs. I saw them on a buddys truck though. They should be ramped out a bit at the back of the gaurd to make room for the window to stick out.

18. theIceNSnowman

theIceNSnowman Member

Ah, that makes sense. Kind of what I figured, cause what else?
    Thanks PSD

19. theIceNSnowman

theIceNSnowman Member

on weathertech website, it appears they just stick to the window on the super cab, looks like it possibly non functional. Im gonna call em this morn.

20. theIceNSnowman

theIceNSnowman Member

Confirmed. I called weathertech and the rear visors for ford supercab is merely for looks, to match the front. NON functional.