1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rain changing to Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

Rain changin to snow could get 3-6 way it looks out side now 12.05 am thurs. could be out before 3am LEEEEET ITTTT SNoooooooooooow. :drinkup: I am going to get 2hrs. zzzzzs

Tim C

:sleeping:

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Rough Night!

Well, they got part of it right! We had the rain change to snow, about 4" worth in an hour's time,along with thunder and lightning, then change back to rain, which compressed the snow to two inches. Then it changed back to snow for another inch with some sleet mixed in.

This stuff was tough pushing! Wouldn't roll off the blade, slicker than... well you get the idea. I had a pile build up in front of me that pushed the truck off the drive I was plowing, took about 10 minutes to get unstuck. My route took about 4 hours longer than normal to complete due to difficult conditions.

More on the way for Saturday!

Rest up!:sleeping: :sleeping:

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

We had a nice little 4" snow yesterday. Enough to plow them all, but pushed nice. I hate waking up to heavy snow and this one started about 3:30, didn't start out plowing until 9:00. No traffic to speak of. Picked up two more accounts right off the drive of an existing account. Two more in the works.

Sometimes things just go right. If we get more Saturday like we're supposed to, should be a repeat of yesterday. Nobody needing to get out for work.

4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

You mean something like what's in this forecast?

PAZ021-OHZ040-041-049-050-059-069-PAZ020-029-031-WVZ001>004-012-021-022-140612-

ALLEGHENY-BEAVER-BELMONT-BROOKE-CARROLL-COLUMBIANA-GREENE-HANCOCK-HARRISON-JEFFERSON-MARION-MARSHALL-MONONGALIA-MONROE-OHIO-WASHINGTON-WETZEL-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PITTSBURGH

512 AM EST FRI DEC 13 2002

.TODAY...PATCHY FOG EARLY...THEN RAIN LIKELY THIS AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S. EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...RAIN BECOMING ALL SNOW TOWARD EARLY MORNING. ACCUMULATION 1 TO 2 INCHES. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH BECOMING NORTHWEST. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY...BRISK WITH OCCASIONAL SNOW. ACCUMULATION 1 TO 2 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 80 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS AND FLURRIES EARLY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT.

With temps so close to freezing I'm not sure all those inches will end up on the asphalt though. It could turn out to be a major slush event. We'll see...