1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rail pressure question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Banksy, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Does anybody know the stock fuel rail pressure at idle for my truck? 2004 Ram. No engine mods. Just want to make sure what I'm seeing is what I should be seeing.

My fuel rail pressure gauge is reading 5000 psi at idle. (the needle bounces a needle width at idle, but I assume that's normal) I get 20,000+ psi when hammering on it.

I installed two Isspro fuel gauges this weekend on the A-pillar. One reads the fuel rail pressure (post injector pump) and the other meausre the fuel pressure from the FASS pump (pre injector pump).

I installed a FASS 95gph Titanium last week, which is an upgrade from my FASS-2 95gph that did not have the filters on the pump. The throttle response is much better.

I'm going to enjoy knowing what my fuel pressures are at all times.

2. 1995droptopz

1995droptopz Junior Member

check out cumminsforums...there is a lot of good info on that site

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ok. I'm always on dieselram.com, but it's been down for a few weeks now.