1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ragged Urethane Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOOFSPLOW, Nov 11, 2003.

WOOFSPLOW Member

The U-Edge on my plow is very ragged and was wondering if I should be concerned. I want as smooth a surface pass as I can get. Can I trim the edge to even it out? How would I trim? Can I use a circular saw. I have about 1.5" of edge left and want to take off about 3/8"-1/2" How long does 1" last? Thanks :confused: :help:

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

drop the blade while driving it should help even it up

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Chunk have you ever used a U-edge before? I believe they are good for all plowing applications. At least with my vehicals, they have worked great for 3+ seasons. Actually, lasted longer than steel and did a much better job of plowing when plowing a lot that has salt requirements.

Chuck B.
  4. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Woofsplow - Can you turn the edge over. If there is only 1 1/2" left on the entire edge, I think it is time for a new one:D .

Chuck B.
  5. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Actually Clunk, they work great on dirt to. Really helped quite down the Sidewing on dirt. There are different grades of U-edge used by different manufactuers, some don't stand up as well as others under extreme conditions. Have an MPT edge on the sidewing with good results, am trying a Superior edge on the Trackless this winter to see how it performs.