1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Radio Noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bike5200, Apr 28, 2008.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

On my "91" 3500HD getting very loud static and cracking noise though the radio speakers. You can not hear the music or DJ talking, very loud. The dash has been replaced with one from the same style that was in the "91" so I could have FM. Is this noise from the speakers, the radio or the box under the dash that the radio goes though.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It could be that box under the dash. Was the truck originally an AM only radio? Might have to get better speakers too. Why didnt you just grab an nice aftermarket cd player

3. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The truck had a AM radio, but I changed the dash out so I could have the heater control that was push button and not the slid levers. The dash had the radio and box in it. I want to keep the truck original.

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

is it gas or diesel? i think there is supposed to be a interference thing the goes by the distributor that stops this noise