1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Radio/dash lights shut down new harness install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bolake, Jun 9, 2015.

1. bolake

bolake Senior Member

Post was going last winter newer GM truck shutting down radio and dash lights when plow is activated. Mine was doing also, but waited on harness change until this fall because service manager said GM is coming out with different fix instead of temporary harness fix. Any way has anyone had any after affects. My truck this morning radio died, was working fine shut truck off went into store came back started truck and no radio , check fuse. Have appointment in couple days with Gm. to see what happen. Wondering if this could be from some of the power surges when the plow was activated.

2. I haven't heard of anything new and my GMC dealer has no idea what I am talking about.

3. bolake

bolake Senior Member

All I know is the service manager said august or September there should be some kind of better fix then cutting into the wire harness

4. bolake

bolake Senior Member

Got a email from the engineer at GM Upfitters. Fix coming this fall, sounds like it will be a alternator harness designed to plugin and provide 2 wires to plow controller, so you won't have to cut in and be splicing you harness.