1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Radio Adverts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Goldendog, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Goldendog

Goldendog Junior Member
    from Alaska

I'm meeting with a DJ for lunch to discuss radio advertising. Her plan is to run the advert only the days before and of a big snowfall to hold the price down and get maximum effect. Supposed to run on all area radio stations. The DJ is a family friend and working and setting things up for me. Have any of you ever tried radio advertising?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No on the radio thing. Isn't kind of late to run a spot before it snows? Can you get a discount if you buy a block of spots and run them now and through Oct?

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Think about what you are targetting here... are you looking for people to call you mid season and want you to do their drive way? commercial? are you looking to get slammed with phone calls the days you have a big storm and asked to come price the job? or have to answer a ton of calls when you are out working?

Radio can be a good tool for a local audience, however you want to build something that is going to give you a good income not a one shot deal in a sence. Make it memorable so people remember to call you "next time, next season, or now to sign up for something long term"

repitition is key. maybe go with something really small like "this forcast is brought to you by blow your snow at 707-snow"
    everytime they hear the weather, they here blow your snow.
    preseason maybe you here. this forcast is brought you by blow your snow 707-snow, winters comming sign up now"

or maybe add in checkus out at blowyoursnow.com

I think they refer to it as...
    k-i-s-s keep it simple stupid.

make sure you get record of date and time played.
    think of what the radio statio plays.. if the clientel that listens to it is under 20, you probably are not going to get that much of a responce.

just throwing some ideas out there.
    I use to spend alot of money on ad's for another business radio and even tv but found
    cheap repititon did me the best and then after the first 2 years, was all word of mouth.

4. Goldendog

Goldendog Junior Member
    from Alaska

Probably will discuss that today. Funny thing up here alot of the residential just hold off and call if needed. Alot of folks up here don't want a monthly or by push over 2 or 4 inches. Will only call if needed. Snow doesn't seem to bother Alaskans much for obvious reasons.