1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

radiator leak, bars leaks?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PowerWagon, Feb 17, 2007.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

My 74 power wagon has a small hole in the radiator, I think, but have not find it yet..
    The radiator is only 4 year old.

Have any of you use radiator leak repair, bars leaks? What's the best one to use with out having take radiator in for repair?

Am going keep eye on this radiator..
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I poured a big bottle of the stuff in my 74 P.W. two years ago and it is still holding coolant.
  3. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Yeah wow, you got same truck!
    I just put some bars leak in and now its holding up. But it still got to be fixed. Anyway will see.

And hey. Are there a lot P.W. Up in MN?
    Am looking for other one and some parts, need the drivers side seat belt that is near the door, my is broken and want find other one, I keep coming up no luck. Can u help?
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I used that stuff in my 94 and it worked great! never had a coolant leak after that.
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have a 74 P.W. W200 with the Sno- Comander package.
    No, There are not a lot lef around here, were in the salt belt and most of them have rusted away.;)
    I'll take a look and see if I have any seat belts.

Raidator, I have had to fold over, crimp, and braze a couple of fins shut on mine to stop it from leaking. It's time for me to look for a replacement as mine is rotting out quickely.
  6. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

I used some stop-leak in my wagon once. Think it was by Prestone. It stopped the leak, but it also stopped the flow and wanted to overheat! So the next day I went and got a radiator.

I just changed the radiator again on the wagon this weekend, it was 4 years old too and all rotted out at the bottom and had been leaking lately. I put in a used one I had from another car that looked like new even though it was at least 9 years old.
  7. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Home Made Stop Leak

If you get in a bind and can not get commercial Stop Leak. Use a small can of black pepper or cinnamon. Sounds dumb, but it works. Hippy
  8. payton

payton Senior Member

crack an uncooked egg and pour it into the radi. it will stop it up fast.. but yeah black pepper will work also