1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. 06radoCT

06radoCT Junior Member
    from CT

Do you guys have a video of the R3MAXX I haven't been able to find one. Im thinking this might be a better way to go versus the PLOWMAXX.

Ps Paul I sent you a pm.

2. EXR

EXR Senior Member

I have one I bought new last Dec but don't have a video. I can tell you that it works very well for my sites with being able to vary the size of the pusher and having the backdrag option. However there is a big issue in the design of the wings. They are a huge flaw. Because they are a multi-piece design they are weak. If you clip anything and I mean even the smallest bump against a curb or solid snow bank they bend. They also cannot come in any contact with a curb when pushing with the curbline as there is no curb protection and you will rub the leaf spring and bolts on the side of the pusher. My R3max wings were bent like a taco after one month. I bought the biggest one the 7.5ft-13ft for my small 244J. It works great but at 13ft I can't push big storms, have to retract to 9-10ft which is fine. That said if I had a 444 which this pusher was designed for it would be squashed. The dealer I purchased it off has done f'all for me about the pusher other then straightening the wings and passing the buck onto Metal Pless who still have not called me back. I am not very happy about this as were into the next winter with it and I know it's going to need some serious fab work to keep it from bending and grinding off bolts again. I've been quoted $1500 to make it right to handle the normal wear of a snow pusher. Not too impressed considering I paid $10,000 for it 11 months ago. I should also mention the pictures on the Metal Pless web site are not the same wings I have on my pusher, they are a different design. Which leads me to wonder why?

So overall a sweet and sour review on the R3max.

3. 06radoCT

06radoCT Junior Member
    from CT

Thanks EXR for the review I never got a response so I went with something else. Im quite pleased with my decision from the sounds of your review the machine I was going to put it on weighs 18,000 Lbs sounds like I would of turned it into a pretzel cause I think the 244J is around 12,000 Lbs.