1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

R U Gona Mount Plows This Wknd in Noreast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RCIPlow, Dec 20, 2001.

1. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Just wondering how many of us fools are gona mount the plows this weekend in case we get a bit o' the white stuff? Checked all my stuff today and I am ready in case Mother Nature decides to intterupt my Christmas festivities. Looks like the Philly region has a 25-35%chance from what all those weather misfits are saying. NOAA is calling for snow while the Weather Chanel says no, some of the tv/radio are split as well. Just goes to show an educated guess is still our best bet.
    Happy holiday, Merry Christmas!

:D "Give me a cold front & a warm rear!" :D

Tim McGonigal
    Atco, NJ
  2. DEISL

DEISL Member

tim try not to watch ch.10 Bolaris seems to have his hand in the acmes pockets
  3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I just spent today setting the trucks up for the white stuff. Put the spreaders on and hooked the plows up to double check everything. We are good to go. If it snows on xmas, it will get me out of the house (in particular, my girlfriend's parents and family).
  4. DEISL

DEISL Member

be nice to spend Christmas in the cab,in fact it be nice to spend a few days in the cab.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2001
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

The truck pretty much does nothing except wait for snow from December to March, so its right where its been since last weekend, backed in with the plow on ;)
  6. DEISL

DEISL Member

i like chasing lost pins in a few inches, gets my blood flowing.
  7. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

i know if we get all the trucks ready we'll get nothing but it nothging is ready to go we may get some snow, so we'll probly wait till last minute.
  8. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

Sure, I'm going away now it's going to snow! I'm going to come home to banged up plows and broken trucks. It's going to be a happy New Year!
  9. Dave mcjr

Dave mcjr Junior Member

well i agree with andy n. i pray to GOD that
    it will snow so i can get the hell out of the
    house and away from the inlaws!!!!
    installing a plow on the new truck friday
    and then i will have 2 trucks to play with.
    i live in minnesota and the last forcast
    i heard was anywhere from 2-20 inches??? what
    the hell is the deal with this, must be rough to
    make a 100,000 grand a year and either make
    stoopid estimates like this one or be wrong half
    THAT APPLY, to all the others merry chistmas to
  10. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

I will watch 3,6,10,29, weather chanel. but 6 is most trustworthy. 10 is lik my local school chanel, lots of fluff, anyone who calls himslf hurricane cant be to bright. 3 is lik kndergarten round up, so Ill stay with 6 and hope for the best.
  11. DEISL

DEISL Member

Tim, i found that fox 29 is the most accurate , believe it or not,like i said b 4 ch.10 Bolaris is a FRAUD .You like that Cecily Tynan? HOT BABE HUH?
  12. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Well, just watched the 10 o clock news on 29, he says it will be to warm for snow on sun/mon, but still has wet snow listed on the 5 day for sun/mon?!?!?!?! But he is saying snow on wed/thurs. SO, what will we do? I am mounting plow and getting all the ducks in order. Dont want to be hooking up christmas night. Just leave it backed into driveway and enjoy the festivities.
    p.s. The A--holes on channel 10 probably will call for 2 feet, chanel 3 will call for 85* and humid!
  13. sledhead

sledhead Member

Im mounting the new Western plow from scratch on Sat. so it will probobly snow all day here.
    Sounds like the N.E. has picked their weathermen from the same geneless pool we have here in the midwest.
    I dont care when it comes, just as long as it does.

14. DEISL

DEISL Member

SLED HEAD what size blade
  15. sledhead

sledhead Member

I picked up an 8 ft. Poly Pro blade with an Ultra-mount system.
    Also got the Cab-command hand held controller.
    Anyone have one of these controllers?
    How do you like it?
  16. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

SLED< My new western i sprang the 75 bucks extra.
    But no snoe to use it...can,t wait ! My old western
    had the cable contol mounted to the floor...It worked
    but was a pain in the rear !
    Praying for lake effect !!!!.............Geo
  17. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Didn't you get some lake effect snow last night? Because that is what I heard on the tv during weathercast.
  18. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Sled, love that cab command. Iwas used to old meyers, constantly leaning over with joystick. the cab command is so much better.
    Got all my stuff ready, even got the calciumon on the truck, got the quad and spreader ready. Gona wait till Sun. to hook up plow. Heres hoping for some snow.
  19. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

WOW !!!

Lots of Local guys here now!!!

I'll have to check on Sunday for what its going to do on Monday/Tuesday. If there is any type of threat, I'll be staying home for the holiday. If no threat, I'll be travelling to the Richmond VA area for family get together. I have a Church that I take care of. Any chance of slippery, and I'll be home.

We will probably be planning another SE PA annual get together. There's quite a few of us on here, just haven't had too much time to look around here much lately.

Whats wrong with John's hand in ACME's pocket!??!?!?
    I work at ACME, and we just LOVE when it snows!

BTW, I've met John Bolaris before, his GF is a real hottie!!
  20. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Looks like rain on monday but at least iv plowed 4'' and did some salting on a 1.5'' storm.