1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

R&S Construction plow fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rc2505, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Since last year I added a 2000 GMC 1 ton dump, and a 1969 Cat 922B loader. This past summer I repainted and lettered all the trucks as well as repainted a couple of the plows. All in all I guess at least I can say they look good and all match sitting inside the shop waiting on the snow, lol. The last pic is the logo on the back of my employees carharts I bought this year.

2. Rc2505

A few more pics

3. Rc2505

a couple more

4. Rc2505

Finally the loader. I love old iron!!!

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Wow! Nice fleet ya got there. I've never been crazy about red, but that paint scheme looks awesome.
  6. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

A man after my own heart. I love the looks of a nice red fleet:salute: That loader looks like one tough machine.
  7. Rc2505

Banksy, and born 2 farm, Thanks for the comments. The 99 K-2500 was red when I got it, and that kind of set the tone for the red fleet. I really liked the looks of it so I decided to paint everything red. I decided on the black to set things off a little. The black is a roll on bed liner, then I sprayed over that with a gloss black to match the factory fender flares.
    As far as the loader, I bought it off a fellow member on here last year, and just love the old girl. It's nothing new by any means, but it runs great, and after a few mods and a paint job, it sure looks good.
  8. exmark

exmark Senior Member

All the trucks look awesome painted red with black bed liner.
  9. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

nice fleet and especially nice iron
  10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i like the cat loader and the paint job looks good all matching
  11. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Nice red paint on the CAT loader. Cool
  12. sledneck24x

sledneck24x Senior Member

That Cat Is bad A$$. So clean. Nice looking fleet.
  13. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

that loader looks likes a tank i love it
  14. JerseyGreen

JerseyGreen Junior Member

that loader is beautiful is nice to see someone taking care of older equipment
  15. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

The loader looks bad a$$! I wanted to buy that loader last year, but didnt have the extra cash. I've kicked myself many times over for not buying that machine. Where did you buy the paint and what color is it? I need to repaint a few trucks and really like that color.

16. Rc2505

The paint is from Dicks Automotive in Findlay. The color is Torch Red. It is a factory Chevy color, base / clear. I had to put about 3 grand into the loader. New brakes all 4 wheels, new tie rod ends, alot of seals and gaskets, and new air lines, but purchase price, repair, and pusher, I have less than 16,000 in it, so I figure I can't go wrong. It's like a brand new machine mechanically. I would like to find new rubber for it, but it's not a pressing issue.
  17. Rc2505

I forgot to add, it is surprising how many of these parts for the loader are still available. So far the only thing I have had to really scrounge for is the break pads. I looked everywhere but couldn't find them. I ended up going to a heavy truck brake place, and just having them rivit new liners on and called it good.
  18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

very nice looking fleet i am not a red fan but i like those especially with the black bottoms thats what i do to my white trucks too
  19. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Thats a sweet looking loader.
  20. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

love the loader awesome fleet my northwestern nieghbor