1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

R&R Window Regulator

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mayhem, May 4, 2010.

1. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

2000 NBS.

Passenger side power window has always been slow going up, figured it was the motor and I'd change it when it dies. Recently had the doors apart for a new set of speakers and found that I've had alot of moisture in there over the years...the weep holes were mostly covered up with crap and the tracks are all rusty. Cleaned up the weep holes and now i want to remove the regulator assy, clean up the rust and lube it to see if it'll work properly.

Am i right in that I jsut have to remove the half dozen bolts that are sticking out of the inside of the door and it'll come right out? Do I do with the window and motor in a specific position? Is it a PITA to get it back in and lined up with the window properly?

Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're one of the easiest vehicles out there to swap the regulator/motor assembly's on. I have them down to 20 minutes start to finish including door panel removal.

Fully raise the window, remove the bolts attaching the regulator to the door, disconnect the motor lead, loosen the two pinch clamp bolts that clamp the sash to the glass (they'll be lined right up with two access holes in the door) and pull it out. Reverse procedure for installation.

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

The window will remain up without the regulator or will I need to support it?

4. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I have done a few. Put the window all the way up and put some duct tape over the top of the door and stick it to both sides of the window. I use two pieces, one at the front of the window and one at the back. Put a rag on the door frame so you don't get sticky stuff on your paint. Has worked for me.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the window is still nice and tight in the run channels it will hold itself but don't take a chance with it, use tape or a couple suction cups (what I use) to secure it instead.