1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

R.I.P. my first plowing fatality

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leigh, Jan 22, 2014.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Sad day, silly little bugger should have stayed home. Good thing the the pics are a little blurry, very gory.

storm 004.jpg

storm 005.jpg

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I can't even tell what that is.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I can, its dinner

4. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Mole Poblano?

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

That's a mole. Be glad you killed it. :gunsfiring:

6. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

How long did you have to chase him around the parking lot with the plow before you got him.....lol

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's was an endangered snow mole, and that lot just became a nature preserve so no more plowing,and send a refund in.

8. leigh

from CT

With the mighty duramax and blizzard 810 it wasn't even close to a fair fight:gunsfiring: Sort of like my profit margins compared to straight and v blades!payuppayuppayup

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I thought it was going to be something good, like a deer or at least a rabbit.

I dang near split a deer in half with my V plow years ago.

10. leigh

from CT

Kind of looks like an open meadow,was asking myself why I didn't take time to stake out my lots,good thing I could plow them in my sleep,now the other drivers, another story!:eek: I do see a couple of curb lines and a catch basin,full speed ahead :gunsfiring:

storm 008.jpg

11. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Is that little shed where you keep your snow blowers?

12. leigh

from CT

Not mine, that's a supply shed for the property ,this is about 1/5 of lot. 200+ parking spots, 300 ft sidewalks7 entrances and stairs.

13. leigh

from CT

I'm very conservative. I think it's better to "start small" and work my way up! Maybe a skunk or possum next. I did notice in the rear of one of my lots that a dozen or so deer uses a spot against building to bed down. Told my friend who drives one of my trucks to bring his bow.If "bird" was around he could probably bag one with the parts falling off one of his trucks.:gunsfiring: (sorry couldn't resist)

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I tried to take out a couple doe back in Dec.

I didn't think it appropriate to be driving through lawns to get to them however. :laughing:

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Meh.........

16. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Carefull, they pull that I'm dead crap on my dogs all the time. He's probably just hoping you take him home, in where its warm.:laughing: