1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quoted 15k+

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Carlito, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Carlito

Carlito Member

for an 8.5' wester mvp plus poly plow and the 7' tornado spreader. This is an installed price including tax in C$.
    Anyone have any experience pricing these puppies?

:dizzy:

This was quoted via the telephone- without haggling.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Is this for 3 plows, or are you just joking me? I paid well under 6000 for a brand new boss VXT poly. DUDE,,,,no go, come down to the states and buy something here.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would think that is a lot. Who did you get that from?

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Break it down if you can Carlito.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That price includes a spreader. What's the exchange rate now? That might not be too far off. Is that the new two motor Tornado, or the old one motor rubber bed belt job? BTW, nothing wrong with the one motor, but I would look for the two motor unit.

6. Carlito

Carlito Member

If i drove across the border with an empty truck and then came back with a plow and salter attached I wonder if the border people would notice?

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That price is insane. Here's a link to a site that gives prices --> http://4qte.com/snow_icecontrol.html

I bought my MVP from them two seasons ago. Very good to deal with.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Exchange rate today, 1 US Dollar=1.0834Canadian. He's talking a little under $14000 US.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The problem with that is you have to have lunch with GV, wings and beers and who knows where that is going to lead.xysport

10. bean7654

bean7654 Member

I just bought my 7.5' Pro Plow from them last month and had it shipped. They are very good to deal with. I worked with Doug who is the saleman and he gave me a good price and was very informative. I would recommend giving them a call.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Way too much. I paid $10000 for my Stainless XV and Polycaster two years ago. Should be 11-11.5 I would think.

12. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

PM Sent. Good Luck.

13. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We shipped a few plows to Northern New York last year for customers in Canada...and they did just that,came across installed and drove back :) Those 2 items should come in under 10 grand together

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  14. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Canadian Dealers usually have a "bit of a problem" with warranty repairs on US bought Plows! I know you can save quite a bit of $. Just make sure it is worth it when it comes to getting repairs and service at 4:00 AM.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  15. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I just ntoiced that this includes the spreader, still high however not nearly as insane as I thought.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That same equipment can be had much cheaper in the states.:nod:

Very good point:salute: no gray market product I've ever heard off have had a warranty unless they were shipped "home"

depending on the set up when you consider freight costs, taxes, exchange rate it's not insane for an over the phone price.

I get priced shopped by my competitors all the time. A real buyer will stop in to see the product check my shop and inventory. Basically my ability to support him. The real buyer asks questions besides price. The real buyer identify's himself when you answer the phone. The real buyer will go to my competition doing the same-thing. Call on the phone specify a plow and ask for a price first thing, with-out giving a name, or a "hows the weather" I give you straight list. And a suggestion to stop around and check out the product an some of in store specials we are running.

So check the local guy out once he see you and your truck, knows your not some"pie in the sky" somebody you may find the price is a little lower.

17. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Service at 4 am, here in NY were lucky at 7:00 am on weekdays to get it. Weekends, better have parts & fix yourself, NAPA carrys some common stuff, on weekends thats it. We get over 100 inches a year & thats the service we get. For 4K you can buy a whole lot of service, try central parts as well for a price. We order a good deal of our "shop parts" to keep in our shop for our trucks & subs plows. Substancially cheaper than local dealer.

18. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Interesting! I am a dealer from Southwestern Ontario, I wouldn't have any customers if I did not offer 24hr service. Warranty repairs are no charge even after regular business hours. (Only to the plows I have Sold) Non Warranty repairs I charge an after hour flat rate of $80.00 to "get out of bed" I will include up to 1 hr labor for that price.

19. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

go to the states and get a plow from there it's way to expensive here to get a new plow:)and salter

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Haggle with your dealer a bit before you decide. All the the dealers will be gone if everyone went to the states to buy equipment. The equipment manufacturer's seem to put the cost prices up here which makes it hard for Canadian dealers to compete. Our prices are also higher because our cost of living is higher here. Our snowplow rates are also alot higher here. When I was researching blades I found there to be about 1k difference in price and for that much I'll support my ;local economy. JMO