1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

[quote]

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Pelican, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

When posting and using the "quote" function, I only get the

2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Pelican,

Not sure, I'll email Chuck K and have him look into it.

Rick

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Rooster, any word from Chuck? Is anyone else experiencing this?

There were a couple days where things were working normally, but recently it has regressed to what I've described above.

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Might have slipped thru the cracks I'll forward to Pierre, and have him look into it.

Rick

5. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

Hi,

What browser and OS (including versions) are you using? The quote function works just fine here in IE 6 and Mozilla 1.1.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc Soucy

6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm not big on computer terms, I'm using Internet Explorer, I don't know what an OS is or where to find it.

I've noticed the quote function works OK in Chevy trucks forum, but not in Snowplowing discussion. I'll check the other forums tonight and report back. Thanks.

7. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Pelican,

OS = Operating System

browser = Internet Explorer and Netscape.

there are version numbers for each.

For Internet Explorer: Left click on Help (top of page), Left click on About Internet Explorer. You will see the version number there.

Hope this info clears up the questions you had.

Rick

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Thanks Rooster

I have Version 6.0.26

My problem doesn't seem to be determined by the forums, I posted a reply this morning in Snowplowing that worked fine, yet tonight it's not working.

Here's what's happening:

When I click the quote icon, the window doesn't pop up as before. In the Reply area

9. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

you got me on that one,

The quote function works quite well for me so I am at sort of a loss.

I'll sit in the wings and let Pierre the "guru" of Lawnsite and Plowsite take over.

Rick

P.S. Will plow for snow! :D

10. administrator

administrator Guest

Thats like.. "so weird". It works great on every single browser I could dig up.

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I don't know if anything was done recently, but "Quote" has been working OK for me for about a week or so. Whoever's responsible, Thanks!.

12. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

If you look at the "Busy" thread in this Forum, you will see Pierre tweaked a few things recently. That must have done the trick.

~Chuck