1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quote of a parking lot First big one ...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by spiviter, May 27, 2005.

1. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

Need help quoting a 750,000 sq foot lot. 750 x 1000 It need to be plowed and salted.. Its in the chicagolnad are. How should I price it. No snow stacking or islands, just a wide open flat lot ???
  2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

No islands? Sounds like a home run if it's that easy! How about entrances/exits, loading docks, ring roads, buildings? Sidewalks?

Depends on your equipment. If it were me, and it's as open as you say, I would go with large, 20' and 30' pusher boxes in front of some large CAT machines, 966's, 972's, etc.

No stacking either? You can pile the snow at the end of the runs without encroaching on necessary space? I would think at some point you will need to stack and possibly truck out depending on the site, etc. Although after last winter in Chicago you could probably clear the lot with a leaf blower. Sorry Guys.

With about 17 acres to clear, the salting/sanding will be determined using many factors.

What equipment will you be using? What are the site requirements/client requirements for service? Triggers, etc. That's the start in figuring out the time involved, etc. thus cost, etc.

Good Luck.
  3. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

well how productive is a 20' pusher box? or should i say 24'? (3x8')
    is it as efficient as 3 pick ups?...or less efficient?

in other words, how long to clear an acre?

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

whats the rule. one plow truck 8ft blade acre an hour. so 1 truck 17 hours per
    push. cant stack with a pickup and the runs are going to be pretty long
    can be done youll need a fleet of trucks .
  5. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

There are 4 enter/exits. All snow is to be pushed to the end of the lot short direction. They just told me they dont mind snow isles in the lot. I have 4 guys on quads ond snowblowers for all the sidewalks and garbage ares in back, I have 4 older F-250's with 7-1/2 westerns and hope to have wings on all them by fall. I also have a bobcat 300 with no pusher yet, What is the max size for this machine... Also have a used 8ft v-box salter lined up for the fall. They said salt can be left in a certain area on the property. Wish I had the money to buy a loader, But that is a couple years away. Just trying to pick up several larger lots this season. Also trigger point is at 2 inches...I think I will stay at the lot from 1st flake till its all cleand up to watch time and progress the first time out...
  6. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

rent a loader, i hear they are cheap in the off season.
    go to the pusher box mfg website for sizing info.