1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quote help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mowplow, May 26, 2006.

1. mowplow

mowplow Junior Member
    from PA

Bidding on a job for a 46,978 S.F. commercial parking lot. Plow before opening and again if needed while open. If icy conditions prevale, sand needs to be distributed.

Question is, how much sand would I need for the job and can I use my small Buyers hitch spreader to distribute the sand. Never used sand before.

Also, whats a good price to quote. The sanding must be kept seperate from the snow removal.

Thanks

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Your going to want to use salt, not sand. Sand doesn't melt ice and snow. And no a single stage tail gate spreader can not spread sand. Like the buyers unit you are talking about. Wet sand is not free flowing like salt.

3. mowplow

mowplow Junior Member
    from PA

What would be a good quote to give with & w/out salt?