1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quit Crying!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Burkartsplow, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Yeah is it warm out and in the 60's. but quit crying about it because in 2 days it is going to be in the 20's and you know something, there still probably wont be any snow. So go outside and give your truck a good home hand wash and clean the inside out and enjoy the nice weather. Do any maintenance you have to do and relax a few days. I know it takes me at least 3 days to get back on track after being up for over 30 hours. If it was like this in between every storm then i would be happy. All my snow piles are gone and I dont have to worry where i am going to stack snow the next storm. Everytime I see a grown man cry like a baby about it being warm, I think suck it up you pansy......

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Dang you are on a roll today aren't you. Let's see I put a new mirror assembly on yesterday, cleaned the truck up the other day. But since it rained it is now dirty. Thought about doing it again, but it is going to rain later today.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Well, I just went and washed the truck. Drove home and it's dirty again. It's in the 50s, but I've still got 9" of snow on the ground and pushed back piles yesterday. Yep, the piles are still there. Snow was so heavy, a bucket of the stuff was pulling the back end of the tractor off the ground. Worst deal is that where it's plowed, is slicker than s---.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  4. Burkartsplow

Yeah with the buckeyes losing that will put me in a sour mood the rest of day. The hand wash is the best. I always have to go to stalls and use the powerwash to clean the truck in the winter, but it never gets it as clean as you would like. I just wash it and let it sit in the shop and let it rest a bit until the next storm. Going to do some work on the mowers today, run a few errands and enjoy some sun. take the dogs to the dog park. that is always a good time.

5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

EASY THERE BIG FELLOW SOME OF US HAVENT SEEN ANY SNOW AT ALL SO GO TO A FOOTBALL FORUM AND HOLLAR AT PEOPLE LMAO :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

6. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I'm not crying. All my accounts are contracted for the season:nod: I don't care if it snows or not. I want to put my boat back in the water, and check out the girlfriends new bikini:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc

7. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

"I'm plowing in the rain, just plowing in the rain"

I'm going swimming.....................prsport and maybe have a beer.......:drinkup:

8. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

im not crying... just complaining! this crazy weather is hard to keep up with. now i dont know if i should bother taking out the equip. to do a few clean-ups, they're predicting rain for this week. then its gonna cool back down to mid 30's

9. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Im' not crying either...washed my truck yesterday...did some "break in" maintenance on the plow today...all was pretty good...tightened the main pivot bolt 1 flat to take up a little end play and adjusted my trip springs per specs...they were a little loose which would account for them tripping a bit sooner than I thought they should...carnuba waxed the moldboard and went over the nuts and bolts and fluid filmed the pivot points and wear marks all around...all set for the next round...(6 plowable events and counting....) C'mon snow!!

10. Burkartsplow

Well I Greased all my fittings on the truck and plow and put on some new wiper blades today. Wipe all the inside windows down with windex and cleaned the floor up. Went to sears and bought a new 4 ton floor jack and a new air compressor. Ordered some timbrens for the truck. Had to wait to start getting in some money before I could go on my mini spending spree. They are saying we are supposed to get 1-2" of rain tonight here in cleveland. Now that is alot of rain. to bad it is not cold enough our we would be in for a good one.I built a new box for the bed of the truck also. Well finished it up. it Keeps everything in its rightful place and makes easy loading and unloading of salt and snow blower. Put some reflective tape on the back of the salt spreader to give people a little more to see when they are coming up from behind me. For me it was a pretty good day, got a lot done.

11. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I was working near the sound today, smooth as glass... no bikinis out there though. This weather is great for catching up on maintenance.

12. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Well, we are now under a tornado watch here in Columbus, Ohio

13. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

This weather is crazy, A tornado hit 6 miles from my place, (Boone county, IL) what a mess that made, Now they are saying Thursday night a few inch's of snow is expected..:dizzy:

14. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

I agree with the mayor.....I want to check out his girlfriend in a bikini too! (doesn't have to be new) :D

15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I think you got it wrong - Mayor is wanting to check out the bikini, not the girlfriend. :drinkup:

16. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Alrighty then........show us the girlfriend without the bikini...............:dizzy:

17. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Heck show us the bikini and the girl, we'll decide which one we want to keep looking at! :nod:

Oh....oh no....Mick! I get it now......NO, I definately DO NOT want to see the picture I think you're trying to describe! :eek:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008