1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quirky controls

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Kuzanut, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

i have a 7'6" ultramount pro plow and last storm it started acting weird. When i pressed the button to angle left, the plow would jerk to the right but then go to the left. a few times it actually went to the right for a second then left other times it just jerked the plow. Any ideas?
  2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

What kind of control do you have? If its the joy stick it might have some moisture in it, I have seen that happen a lot, the hand held is sealed much better. Try to spray the joy stick with some WD40 and flush it out good and try it again. Also check the ground to the coils and look for water in the plugs or under the coil cover.
  3. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

i have the hand held controller. Should i WD40 that? and which ground are you talking about?
  4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I wouldn't worry with the hand held unless you use it with wet gloves or if you might have spilled coffee or soda on it, but look closely at the plugs, ALL the grounds and the coils, you can and will get cross over current flow with salty water in the plugs or coils.
  5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

don't lube the handheld control. they don't like liquid.
  6. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

alrighty i will look into that tommorrow. thanks
  7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I would also look at the control harness..Make sure the pins are making good contact and none of them are loose..

ground wire =blk/orn

And if you cannot find the problem with the harness, check the S2, and S3 valve

S2=right angle
    S2 and S3=left angle

Either one of them might have a spooling (movement) problem.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011