1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quincy Massachusetts Photos

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bolensdriver, Jan 24, 2005.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

2. bolensdriver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AND BEST PHOTO FOR LAST!

[​IMG]

3. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Hope you guys have an excess of loaders and large blowers around, as a truck isn't even going to touch some of those drifts...

4. bolensdriver

LOL, I'm not from Quincy, they were sent to me by my sister. I'm from New Hampshire and we don't have as much... The snow is only two feet there, yet, the wind caused the drifts. A lot of people use loaders or backhoes there, not many snowblowers. Usually Quincy, being on the coast, doesn't get as much snow, usually a heavy wet couple of inches, or ice.

5. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Its a good thing we didn't get that much in Jersey, otherwise instead of making money, I would be paying someone to pull me out of the snow.

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

"IT'S A JEEP THING!!!!"
    :nod: :p Hahaha......

Just kiddin! Right before Christmas we had a 24" snow in 24 hrs. Took about a week for the town to dig out of it. Dad has a '92 Wrangler 2.5L 4 banger, 5 spd. slightly oversize Good Year Wrangler a/t's I think they are, no lift. It did very well in the snow, never got it hung up once and pulled out a few people with it too. 2wd S-10 hung up on the frame in an unplowed Cul-de-sac (about 7-8 inches at that time only a couple people had driven in there) then a couple days after it stopped snowing, many side streets were unplowed yet but driven on some, intersections were very deep and messy though, a 4x4 suburban got hung up on its frame in one of them, the jeep was sitting on a plowed street but it was a base of ice. We even managed to yank the 'burban out with it, and it wasn't budging more than an inch in either direction when we hooked to it... The little jeep did pretty good for itself. Surprising how well it did in 2wd even. I still hold that a Wrangler is too lightweight :(