1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quiet here today?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by ProSno, Nov 7, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Place just doesnt seem right today, does it?

2. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

nope seems like a different place athough theres ripple effects that come from all things we do... hopefully this little ripple passes and this place can become what it once was again.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Nope,it's WAAAY to quiet. :D

4. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

*cricket* *cricket*

*cricket*

5. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Well, considering on how the brakes were slammed on the forum and then a snowstorm of activity in one "particular" thread, followed by its closing, I'd say some of us are patiently maintaining in a "wait n' see" posture. That is, unless there's other plowing business to discuss!

6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Yes

It's very quiet . I thought is was quiet last night too(after that thread was closed ). This is what happens when the forum is turned upside down . Looks like the forum has grown and is turning "corporate" . Corporate mentality is bland and quite often counterproductive . Enterprises are healthiest and much more vibrant during there startup phase. Plowsite is still the best around .....

7. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

It's kind of interesting....

As this saga unfolds it has become very interesting to me and I have noted a couple of things:

Seems like some people WANT this site to go down the tubes over this little squabble. Yep, it really is just a squabble and egos clashing. Things always change...if the "old timers" want it the way it was, form a company, pony up the cash and buy the site from Sean (I'm guessing he's about has his fill by now) and run it the way you guys want it run. However....ever notice how you pay a little more attention to things when your name is on it? I would be willing to bet that if some of the people crying "censorship" were to have their names as owners things would change a little to. To put in in langauge all of us who still like toys can understand, "It's his toy and he can tell us how he'd like us to treat it." Seems pretty fair to me. If not, let me borrow your truck to plow with for an afternoon. :D

Second. Seems a lot of the censorship issues centered around "Off Topic" themes. Here's an idea... Lose that forum. Stick to the main idea here, snow and the removal thereof, and leave the politics or whatever for other forums. Sure, we can choose not to read the OTF here, but if I have to chose between losing Plowsite or losing the OTF, I choose OTF. Sure, the OTF can and is frequently a great place to banter, but not at the expense of losing the rest of the site.

This same censorship theme is recurring on several of the other places I like to visit and it always ends up centered around three or four site veterans and the OTF. Here's another idea...find a forum where your discussion isn't off-topic, tell the other two or three guys that you typically haggle it out with about the site and move the discussion to a place where people care about it! Besides, I'm sure there are other site owners who would love that traffic on their ( insert your favorite non-plow related topic here) oriented website. :rolleyes:

It is really sad that this has turned into a he said/he said debate with all of us caught in the middle with the thought of losing a valuable and fun resource.

Just my opinion.... :waving:

8. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

And I spent over an hour reading that thread.:rolleyes: What a waste of time.
    Seems like just a big pissing match to me, I still don't fully get what is going on yet.

Lets get back to whats important here, Snow and Ice Control and helping your fellow man or woman out with their problems related to plowing.

Enough of the politics and blubbering already,
    Mark K

9. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Hmmm

Quiet this Friday night .

10. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I am riding the fence on this one, but I have to agree that it is kinda like a " my phallus is longer then yours" match in some ways.

11. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

im with you brother

john

12. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

I'm with Speedracer also. I don't fully understand what's going on, either

13. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

You no its slow around here, when I am making 5 out of 10 posts during the nite!

Chuck B.