1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quickswitch to minute mount

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tracy89, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Anybody ever taken a complete quickswitch setup leave the blade pushbeam and headgear together and make a "minute mount" type setup. Thought about doing this just cant seem to think outside the box to figure it out. any insight and thoughts would be great.

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

speed cast to MM? weren't the early MM like that?

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Do you mean speed cast to MM1. Never heard of a quickswitch. You might get some ideas in my diamond conversion to MM1
    set up. See sig.
    T.J.

4. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

yea speedcast is what i meant i apologize. Im not talking taking a speedcast blade and put it on a minute mount im talking about scratch building a "minute mount" or some sort of flush mount system. I have the speedcast plow already i just dont want to rig the head gear and pushplates on the truck and have to leave them on all winter. finally got a nice looking truck and tried to think of ways to design and build my own mount for it so i can leave the head gear and blade together. Ive looked at ur diamond to minute mount thread many times and love the stuff that you do tj. I just cant seem to get my mind out of the same rut. everytime i try and think of a complete new way to do it i just seem to get steered back to the only plan i can come up with. the only idea that i can seem to muster up is using two reciever tubes similar to a reese hitch and fabbing them to fit onto my frame rails. welding 2" tubing to the pushplate/crossbeam/blade assembly. The only trouble i find with this is not having any play in it and having to be dead on center everytime i hook up to it. any insight and ideas would be great...maybe a whole new way of doing it.

5. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

The plow that i have just for clarification is just a older hydraulic leave the headgear on the truck year round type plow. i no that everyone calls them different things.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

buy a mm set of truck plates and a mm1 head gear and pop it all together.

also 7 1/2 down and 8ft up 2 difftrent widths on the ear's spacing so watch it.

thats how i would get the end result you want with the blade you have.

7. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

i cant seem to find the stuff that im looking for...ive searched craigslist and unclehenrys. everything everyone wants to sell is either out of my price range or they wont seperate it. i dont have alot of money to work with. was really asking because i dont have alot of cash to work with and a ton of steel laying around doing nothing and a welder sitting idle.. i understand what ur getting at. would be ALOT easier...but thats my situation..

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

mm1 head gear right here. might be close to you possibly . http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FISH...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5646355a05

but ya i understand make it work needs.

if you find a truck side for your vehicle then might just need to cut off the 2 ears and weld on in diffrent position or make new and weld on. then fisher blade fit what ever truck side you have.

i have seen this before. i did a western blade to fisher speedcaster truck side . easy as both 1" pin holes. just cut off tabs and moved over to spacing of fisher.