1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Sudsy81, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Sudsy81

Sudsy81 Junior Member

Need some help does anyone use this software for there business....was wondering if anyone has an opinion on quickbooks and any preference between pro vs. premier any help would be great as I am a new business owner and would like something functional and not to expensive.
  2. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

I believe there was a thread involving this a week or so ago, maybe search for it, it might help you out. I've been looking at it myself--but I have a hard enough time keeping track of things on paper. Then again...I seem to be attached to my computers, so it might be better. Hope you get some good replies.
  3. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

i use quickbooks for the auto shop i run but I mainly use it for forms and to keep track of invoices, I didn't get into paying bills with the software as it is fairly involved and I just purchased it about 6 months ago, I don't have the time to punch in all the little tidy expenses, but if you're just starting off, this will work great for you. If I was to open up my own shop, I will use quickbooks premier from day one. I would also take a seminar for a quick overview of the different features of the software.
  4. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

5. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

6. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I have used QB's Pro since 1996 and don't know any other way it's worth the money trust me.
  7. mnnorthwoods

mnnorthwoods Junior Member

I'm a big fan of QuickBooks. Not knowing anything about your business Sudsy81. I would think that Pro would work. I have lots of small businesses that I work with that use QuickBooks. Good price good program. Takes a little time to set up but will make your life a lot easier. Give me a little more background on what your business need to track and I may be able to give you a few more options.
  8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im interested to hear your suggestions, i have an all season property maintenance co. and im searching for a software to use.
  9. mnnorthwoods

mnnorthwoods Junior Member

If you need to track your properties by site and charge time and materials. The contracting version of Quickbooks allows you to do job costing, create estimates, analyze jobs, track time and do billing. With any accounting sofware you must run your whole business on it. Once you do this believe me, your insight into your business including a day by day update of your profit/loss will you improve your overall bottom line. If you google Quickbooks look at the versions and see if one fits your business model.
  10. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I'm still using QuickBooks Pro 2007...I've used it since day one and haven't even thought of using anything else...
  11. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

I use QB pro and I love it. It's worth every penny. I'd be lost without it.
  12. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

go with QBPro
  13. G-rott

G-rott Junior Member

Pro?? individual pricing?

Can you set prices for customers in Pro,

For example can you set Mr Jones plowing at $22, Mr. Smith at $32 and Ms. Milf at $5

Then enter each of the accounts as Plowing and have the correct price come up?

If you can let me know how...PLEASE

ps. that is not a low ball price: I know what I'm doing.
  14. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

I've been using Quick Books Pro also. I like the program. There are tons of things that you can do with it and I have not had the time to sit down and set it up fully. I don't use the banking part of it because I am to unorganized. As far as the pricing I'm not sure if that can be done. You can however put in specific items, example: sanding/salting. It will then appear in a drop down menu when you call up your customer and you can put your price in. I'm sure there is a way to do what you want and someone with more knowledge can probably answer your question. Good Luck.
  15. Butcher

Butcher Junior Member
    from NE OHIO

Yes you can have multiple pricing you can name it plow 1 plow 2 and so on with different pricing for each
  16. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

LOL Ms. Milf thats halarious. Tell her that, take a video of her reaction, and put it on plow site. It would be great:D
  17. nekos

nekos Senior Member

i use open office ...

it's free and will do every thing + more then quick books. it's not as user friendly though.
  18. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

There's word about a QB Pro promotion at staples this monday, the 2009 version will be free after rebate.