1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quickbooks question

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by DaySpring Services, Dec 14, 2007.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone know how to setup a minimum payment field in quickbooks? I'd really like to have it but cant figure it out.
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

are you saying like a credit card payment or loan payment? why do you want your customers to have a balance?
  3. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Can you give us more detailes? That would really help.
  4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Like doing billing line items??

If you have an item that is "service" - edit it and make it both purchasable and saleable - you can put in a sale price that will automatically appear every time you enter that item on an invoice,
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Basically its for my Residential customers. Say I charge them $300 for a seasonal contract. I have one customer that makes 4 $75 dollar payments. I'd like my bill to show minimum due $75, total due $150. Kinda like a credit card with a minimum and remaining balance.
  6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

You could make an ESTIMATE for the full amount. When you go to invoice that customer, it will tell you that there is a estimate available for that customer, you can select that estimate and invoice for a percentage, like 25% if you are billing four times. You have to customize your invoices to show the balance due though.

This works in QB premir versions, in the lower versions I'm not sure......

Well, I quess it doesn't totally work that way. I have QB premir contractor 2008. When you do what I said above, the balance due is shown as the amount due. It seems that if you use the QB plain invoice it will print the original quote amount and the percentage being billed but BALANCE seems to be the amount due now. Just mess with different templates and customizing them - it's too late in the year and the nite to mess up my company file playing around, sorry.
  7. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Type out 4 seperate invoices.. Insert the due date for each individual invoice (assuming they are at least 30 days apart, this will work).

Open up statements.. Create one for the customer using all open invoices.. You should show "current" "1-30" "30-60" "60-90" and Amount Due. Along with the invoice #'s and each individual payment and due date.

That's the way we do it.. send me an email if this is confusing.
  8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Tailor the invoice form to include a "Total To Date" field. Invoice today for $100, Total to Date, $250