1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick timbren question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Okay, I am sure this has been asked 1,000 times, but I will ask again. I got the timbrens for my truck (in my sig, new body style). I have my t-bars cranked about 4 turns and the timbrens still touch the a-arm. Someone said they shouldnt touch at all without the plow on. I had the truck jacked all the way up and they still touch the a-arm. Or did I do something wrong?? Thanks in advance!!!:waving:

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

Im pretty sure all the chevies ride right on the timbrens. i know mine does. And no, it doesnt help the ride quality any.

3. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I am pretty sure thats how they work. If they wernt touching they wouldnt be doing anything, like a bump stop.

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ya no plow on my truck...yet and the timbrens are just touching

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with your install Tom...the Timbrens will be against the Control arm at normal ride height. How much depends on where the T-bars are set.

Did the 4 turns level the truck up enough?

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks for the answers guys:waving: 4 turns didnt do too much for that thing. I think it would need a 2" front leveling kit to make much of a difference, or a fresh set of t-bars too

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How many turns are left?

8. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

:salute:i used to sell them and right from their engineer;s mouth all front timbren's make some contact !

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It must be a chev thing as none of my timbrens touch they have about an 1 to 2 inch gap.

10. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Do they not touch in front or back ???????????????

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

on a chev with IFS they will touch on the front with out a load.
    They will not be touching in the rear with out a load.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What do Timbrens cost in the US for a Chevy? I just paid $225 for mine here and I wonder what they cost in the US.

13. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

JD I just paid $194 with no tax or shipping from Albany Spring, in Albany new York. Think they would be the same ones you are looking for, they were for my 05 Chev.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, with our $ at $.84 I bought them cheaper here which is good news for a change.

15. Sydenstricker Landscaping

B&B I am not too sure how many turns are left. If I recall not many.

I paid 165 for mine, 180 out the door with tax and what not. Only took me 20 minutes to install them

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it could use a fresh set, or an upgraded set of T-bars. What bars are on it now?

17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Im not 100% sure. I will have to crawl up under there later and look. They cant be too bad though, cause the truck didnt drop too much without the timbrens on before. Im sure tbars arent the cheapest thing out there to buy either

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How much did it actually drop? and inch? Two inches? 4 turns should have brought it up a reasonable amount. Have to check to see how many turns you have left and what bars are on it and go from there.

19. Sydenstricker Landscaping

The truck dropped an inch or so without the timbrens. Hardly moves now. I think 4 turns gave me an inch of lift. Still has that nose dive effect going on. I will snap some pics of the adjusters and the bars for you once it is light out side

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

An inch should have made a noticeable difference but I'm sure its still not reasonably level as those '00 NBS trucks do set especially low in the front stock.