1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Tach Plate Problems

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Phil1747, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

On my Deere 332 a 90hp 9000lb machine we managed to mess up the quick tach plate. I can get some attachments to stay on but some fall off on this machine. I tried them on some rented machines and they were fine so i know its my machine. I think the tips on the top or the plate got bent working the machine hard. Thoughts? Im thinking about welding a 3/8 plate about 3/4 to an inch past the tips now and seeing if that takes the slop out? Want to get this fixed soon because i dont' want to run the breaker or any other hydro attachments and have them fall off and break the hoses too. Thoughts Questions Concerns? Past issues and fixes? I went to order the plate from deere and they said independently backordered could be 3 weeks could be 3 months. Part number is KV24087 if anyone has one laying around. Thanks

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

They are weak pieces of junk. I've done 3 on my 332. I think they are about 900 a pop.

3. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

You ever try fixing or adding steel to then?

4. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Ive experianced some of that over the years too. I welded 1/2inch square bar 3 inch long infront of the area where the quick attach pin goes into the plate of the attachment. then theres more bite for the pin as the attachment wares.