1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick shift Modification for Auto Trans

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by TheRealBuzz, Oct 8, 2009.

1. TheRealBuzz

TheRealBuzz Member
    from ON, CAN

Hello all,

I have a 2001 F450 4x4 with column shift auto and was wondering if anyone has ever seen any modifications or conversions to a floor shifter that would alow easier shifting from drive to rev for plowing.

Thanks.

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

i never had a problem moving the column shifter 4 inches from drive to reverse idk what could be much easier. how much easier do u want it voice command shifting hahaa that would be kinda cool. or a paddle shifters

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

ALOT longer reach to the floor then it is where it is at now.

4. TheRealBuzz

TheRealBuzz Member
    from ON, CAN

I'm just used to plowing with a manual and having my controls right on the shifter.

5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

options A) Re-Adjust what your used to B)Get a manual again C) Get a 150 with that console shifter d) waste lotsa money and time to move it to the floor, and realize, damn i shoulda chose A or B