1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions for the Pro's

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Allens LawnCare, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare Member

Guys just a couple of quick questions, Started a Lawncare business two seasons ago (Part-Time) I've got 16 weekly accounts and this year made a nice purchase. I bought a sharp 03 F-250 with the plow package...my plow doesn't have shoes, do you guys recommend them, and also My plow is an 8' minute mount 2, there is a cable that attatches from the nose of the plow to the frame....problem is the spring is missing any idea what the spring is for

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Well I can answer 1 question I don't use springs they are just paper weights for me.

RCGM
    Brad

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

If I'm picturing it right, that spring is there to pull down the lift ram, so as to make removal easier, when you have slack in the chain, I know in the mm1s you would have to float the ram and push it down. to make it easier to get on and off. And as for shoes we have never used them, I would say they are good for unpaved plowing.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The spring on the MM2 is to pull the lift ram down like Bruce'sEx said. Whether you use shoes or not is really a personal choice. I have never used them on any type of surface. Some like to use them on gravel until it's frozen. Some use them all the time.

5. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare Member

Thanks for the Help

Anyone in North east CT on this site