1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by brickslayer, Nov 14, 2009.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I have a 8' boss straight plow RT3 thats about 3 years old. Found a 8'6" boss V that was last years model. Will that pulg right in and everything work? Light? plow? ect? Obviously I will need to have the hand held V controller. If it matters I have the smart hitch2 system. Thanks to anyone with some on hand knowledge.

2. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Also if it matters I have a 2000 dodge 2500 diesel

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Switch to the vee controller and hitch it up....no other changes needed what so ever. One of the beauties of a Boss. :nod:

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah yeah yeah..........

5. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Too sweet! Just picked it up a minute ago. I might have that absolutely mint straight 8' boss with smart hitch2 ect up for sale. Seriously it has about half a season of non commercial plowing on it. Always washed and stored inside. Any idea roughly what its worth. Would come with the hand held controller. Thanks for answering my questions!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It'd bring $2500-$3000 around here depending on the time of the season of course.

7. fishinutah

fishinutah Junior Member

hello guys new this sight happen to run over it searching the web.have a question if u could help i am getting a 8 1/2 foot meyers v plow in stalled on my 07 silverado 2500hd duramax ,do i need to do anything to the front susspension or is it good to go on the way the truck sits i do have a leveling kit on it ,i just dont want to screw anything up on the truckor void the warranty , i have never snow plowed b4 so i am filling my mind with knowledge b4 monday or the next storm.thank for ur help i wil check later.. dave

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

One thing I'd do is get rid of that meyers plow as fast as you can and get a boss vee installed on your truck. Then throw some timberns on the front and go to town.

9. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

Maybe post in the meyers section? O and hit the spell check before you post....

10. fishinutah

fishinutah Junior Member

:bluebounc lol bronkema i find from the reading i did meyers is is actually a good plow . i guess eveyone has a preference. thanks about the timberens and to medicjdl dont tet the little things in life bother u will live longer.if i wanted a smart remark i would have went to another websight i just wanted some infor on a quick question.dont worry urself if u dont know.thanks dave

11. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

I just don't understand why you would post a question on a Meyers snow plow in the Boss plow section? Also you can get a multiple of smart remarks right here, so why would you go to another website? Here, I am going to be a nice guy and help you out. Click this link it will take you to where you should be on the site. <--Also notice the spelling is correct. http://www.plowsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

12. fishinutah

fishinutah Junior Member

medicjdl thanks for the info i didnt realize i was on the boss section i was up at 3 in the morning couldn't sleep scanning the web and happen to run over this sight , cool sight i will bee reading more there is alot of info on here.thanks dave