1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mmtwin, Dec 25, 2006.

1. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

Will a classic mount meyers from 1985 bronco fit 1989 f-250?
    All help is appreciated.
    Mike

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Im not 100% sure, but it should. The bodies did not change much until 1992. I think the bronco frame is the same as the f-150 and f-250 frame.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No,unfortunately their not the same. Your mount will only fit the F-150 and Bronco. F-250 and F-350 are different due to the leaf spring front suspension.

4. Whip

Whip Member

Yes it will

Classic mount (not EZ Mount) carton for '81-'91 F250/350 and '84-'91 F100/F150/Bronco is part number 17081

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Whip, where did you get that number? My Meyer parts book show's them as two different number's.

6. Whip

Whip Member

My old 1996-1997 Meyer Price List. My 2004-2005 has it also.
    Also here: 17081

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok,I see whats going on. Whip,he asked about a "classic" mount not a "conventional" mount. The classic's are not the same between the two truck's but the conventional's are.

8. Whip

Whip Member

I figured there would be confusion and is why I clarified my response about an "EZ Mount".
    I have never termed an EZ Mount as "classic" (even though I think they started it in the price list last year) so it kind of leaves it up to interpretation-especially since there was only the conventional bolt to frame mount available to the Bronco back then.
    Even in the mid '90s I had to take the then new EZ Mount for a F250 and adapt it to my 1983 Bronco as there was no EZ Mount for a Bronco even then.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  9. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

Thanks eveyone. Whip the part number helped the most