1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowman6, Nov 5, 2010.

1. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

I am thinking of buying a 99 f250. I currently own a 97 dodge ram 1500 and was wondering would my uni mount bracket fit or what would need to be changed,has anyone done a similar swap? Thanks in advance for any help. Oh and yes I have :waving:searched

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

No the mount will not transfer over.

3. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

O.k if the mount will not transfer over where could I find how to modify my mount to fit if it's even possible. I am pretty good with tools but I have always just bought trucks with plows already attached and have learned my lesson on that.

4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

a welder should be able to make it fit on the truck for you or call a western dealer tell them what you have and that you need to retro fit to your ford does western make anything or were can i get the pieces i need or do you guys fabricate them on.

:mechanic:

5. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

Thanks for all the help.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If your going to have someone else do the work it wilo be cheaper in the long run to find a used mout to fit the truck.

7. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

Yeah I was going to have someone else do it simply because I do not want to be driving down the road and have my plow fall off lol. But I have to now back off of buying a new truck until next year (unexpected expenses).:mad:

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Search out Western1 here on the site, hes in your area and might have the mount you need.