1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question on unimount plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by malone, Mar 4, 2007.

1. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

Hi i just purchases a used unimount a few years old 8 ft. I have to go pick it up, I've had only old style western frame stays on truck. my question is and i'm sure you can dismount the plow from the plow frame while it's off the truck. shoiuld be only two pins and two couplers for lines. any help will be appreciated thanks

2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

say what???

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, you are correct. Just remove the two lower bolt's from the lift frame, disconnect the two hydraulic line's from the pump and unhook the chain from the lift arm.

4. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

thanks b&b want to make sure of one thing

thanks for the info, just want to make sure if i need tools, on old style plow i used 2 pins to attach the plow to the frame, on the unimount you're saying they are bolted. thanks for info

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some of the Unimounts used bolt's to attach the lift frame to the rear of the A-frame,some used pins. The A-frame still attaches to the truck undercarriage with 1 inch quick pins. I assume your going to transport this Unimount plow with a truck that has a conventional style mount so you'd need to remove the lift frame on the plow and then just pin the plow to the old style conventional mount, correct? If so, you can do that if you remove the lift frame from the plow first.